Monday, November 28, 2016

Three Days Left

Today is November 28, 2016. This last week has been tough. One of my brother-in-laws passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday the 22nd. The kids had high fevers and colds and sleepless nights. And to wrap it up we had no running water for three days. Needless to say, there has been no Nanowrimo writing for quite some time.

Three days. 20,000 words to go. I may not finish on November 30, but I will not give up. One of my favorite writing quotes goes something like this:

The only difference between a published author and an aspiring writer is that the first didn't give up.

So off I go into the messy world of novel writing, after a few games of Plants vs. Zombies with my son, 7 years old and wearing a Santa hat while my husband and daughter sleep on. I won't remember the sleep I didn't get, but I will regret not finishing this novel. I think. At least on the days when I feel like it's actually worth it.

Impossible. That word floats around my head. Not good enough is another phrase I have to ignore. Keep writing. My goal was to have a working first draft by November 30.

Maybe I'll put my name on my books as RAG. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment