Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Nanowrimo 2017




My daughter is now in preschool and my son is in 2nd grade. We live in the U.S. now, although still deeply connected to Ecuador and our ministry there.

I just finished moving the best parts (I hope) of my story from Word into Bibisco. I love how I can piece out the chapters and scenes, and move things around. Every time I use it I feel like the impossible is slowly becoming possible as I see my book taking shape. I am at the tipping point of my excitement overcoming my discouragement and fear.

I just moved the last scene over and feel tired. The skeleton of my story is mostly there, with a few missing bones here and there. My next step is to flesh it out, edit, edit, edit, then let some other eyes in. Then perhaps a professional edit, then sending out my manuscript. What a trip this has been and will be!

My goal is to finish the skeleton and muscles by Christmas. Actually sooner, by November 28. Nanowrimo here I come, again! The third year is the one. Ha ha.

So here I am again, taking a break from writing by writing. My new motto is: Writers Write. That's it. Like Dory would say, "Just keep writing, writing, writing, wriiiiiiiting, wriiiiiiiting, what do we do we write, write, write."

 I will now go and sign up for Nanowrimo. A treat to tell myself, "Well done. You are still here."



(I came back to add this year's participant badge. Yay! This year's novel is a go! Time for recess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment