Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Day 1

Yes, I did get up at 5:00 am, only to discover that my husband and my daughter were also awake. So it was a party of three in our bedroom as I opened my computer and typed 49 words. Yes, 49. That is my grand total so far for today. And that also counts an hour of writing while my daughter was in preschool, so this morning was probably something like 15.

But all was not in vain. I am simultaneously writing and learning about writing: setting, character descriptions, and plot points. I love dialogue, making me wonder if I should do a screenplay instead. In the end, it came down to a book because I feel like (perhaps erroneously) they have a longer life and more earning potential. Noble hmm? But there it is. This blog is to keep me honest in the future. :)

While I was sitting at lunch (cold cereal), I received a moment of clarity and the first three plot points of my novel rearranged themselves in my mind, connecting some previously separate events. Yay. With these three scenes in mind, hopefully I will reach that special number of words -1667- tonight. The plus about the early morning writing plan is that I can fall back on the evening writing plan in case of disasters. Or morning fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment