Friday, July 24, 2015

A Writing Family

I read in a book once that the dreams of a family are often passed down from generation to generation until they finally culminate in someone who finally achieves that dream (paraphrase of something in Cradles of Eminence). Perhaps it is music or art or politics. In my mother's family, it is writing. Both of my grandparents wrote extensively, my mom wants to write, and so do I.

New computer. Check.
Better storyline. Check.
Time to write. Not so much.

But like Mumbles says in Happy Feet Two, "Every step counts."

Time to get moving again. A grain of sand every day will some day become a mountain. My husband taught me that. Little things add up.

And my new favorite quote, "It took me twenty years to become an overnight success."

No comments:

Post a Comment