Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Nanowrimo 2017 The Plan

I love a good plan. Maybe even a bad one. Having a map in front of me with stops and fun all planned is something I find exhilarating. Even if I never follow it again, I enjoy making a plan. However, I do intend to follow this one because my life is such right now that if I don't make time for Nanowrimo then I will not be victorious this month. And more than crossing the 50k mark, I want to, hope to, finish a working draft of my novel, the same novel I have been working on for three years and dreaming of since 2007, or perhaps all my life. 2017 is my year of yes. Yes I will finish. Yes I will make the adjustments necessary in my life to do this. Yes I will relax and have fun and not sweat the small stuff. Yes I will let it go if my kids want to play or my husband wants to talk or we have a spontaneous family movie night. Because I know my spontaneous family (and self!), I have decided that there is only one time when no one will need me.

5 am.

Yes, this is my plan. To pry myself out of bed, or at least prop myself up for an hour of writing in the morning. My motto will be: I have the rest of my life to sleep. 30 days of 5 am. I can do this.... zzzzz..... This will not be me. :)

The delicious quiet of an early morning. And the advantage over night time writing (my first Nanowrimo plan) is that I will not be tired. At least not once I wake up properly.

So in order to wake up at 5 am (I am thinking as I write), I will need to go to bed at 8 pm. I am a 9 hour baby. Somewhere along the way I discovered that 8 hours is not enough for me, along with the fact that it takes me awhile to unwind and fall asleep.

8 pm bedtime.

This means also getting my kids to bed at 8 pm. Which means last snack at 7 pm, and supper at 4 pm. Those are our normal times but we slid out of them this summer and have yet to get back. Plus the fact that my son, now 8 years old, wants a 9 pm bedtime.

So my evenings have less down time because I am constantly prodding children along the path to bed, but the overall rewards are great if I can do it.

Go me! And please help me, Lord. Without you, my efforts will not be crowned with success.

P.S. One thing I forgot. I am hoping and working toward 50,000 new words this Nanowrimo. As of today, I have 30,066 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment